“The function of eduction is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of a true education.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Our Meadowvale Elementary Campus opened in 2000 and is located in the historic Meadowvale Village in Mississauga bordering the Credit Valley Conservation Area. Our campus provides a unique classroom environment boasting an abundance of indoor and outdoor spaces including: five acres of playing fields and woodlands, a new gymnasium, bright classrooms, library, music room, computer lab and secure, fenced playground. We are housed in a 19th-Century Georgian style mansion which has been carefully transformed into a state-of-the-art learning environment. Our youngest students are provided a strong Montessori foundation from Casa to Grade 3 transitioning to an enriched and progressive elementary program in Grades 4 to 8. Our goal at Rotherglen is for each student to become confident, competent and compassionate individuals. We strive to achieve this by providing low student-teacher ratios, a highly trained, dedicated and nurturing faculty, and the open and ongoing dialogue between teachers, parents and administrators.
Facilities and programs include:
- Bright classrooms
- New gymnasium facility
- Small class sizes (Casa: Maximum of 15; Elementary: Maximum of 18)
- Casa morning, afternoon and full-day programs
- Physical Education program
- Extracurricular activities including sports teams, intramural sports, french club, yoga club, dance club and yearbook club for all age groups
- Events include Holiday Concert and Spring Play
- French and music taught by specialists from Casa to Grade 8
- Library and computer lab complete with Mac computers
- Use of iPads, SMART boards and Mac computers in the classrooms
- Before and after school care
- Secure facility
- Fenced playground with play structures and field